This year I am offering workshops for that extra special hen do. Perfect for the bride-to-be and her nearest and dearest who love craft, delicious food and relaxing in the countryside with fresh coffee and scrumptious cake.
I hold the workshops from my home where I live perched on the hillside above the small but very creative town of Hebden Bridge which is nestled in a beautiful valley in West Yorkshire. As the hillside is so steep, houses were built on top of one another to make best use of the land. It means you get to sit, relax and enjoy your workshop with wonderful views of our little valley. I can also travel to where you are staying and bring the workshop to you!
The workshop begins at 12pm and we finish around 3pm. Lunch is served at 12pm, closely followed by cake. All the food served is vegan and nutritious but totally delicious and homemade. Here’s an example of the menu:
- Kale, sun-dried tomato, glazed carrot and hummus sandwiches.
- Carrot and almond salad.
- Cauliflower, walnut and olive salad.
- Tahini and pea hummus.
- Vanilla and caramel sponge cake.
- Peanut butter and chocolate fudge.
The menu can be made completely nut-free and gluten free options are available at your request. Any other dietary requirements can also be accommodated. Delicious fresh coffee, a selection of teas, cold drinks and fresh lemon water are served throughout the day.
We begin the workshop after lunch with a demonstration where I show you how to make your pieces.
You can choose to make one of the following:
- Use fresh flowers to press into clay and create a collection of porcelain nature vessels. We will decorate them with pastel colours and translucent glaze. You will have time to make some for yourself and also one for the bride from each of you as a reminder of her wonderful hen do with her favourite people.
- Create little floral or leaf porcelain earrings. Once they are made and fired in my kiln, I’ll attach the sterling silver backs and post them out to a member of your group.
We use a smooth porcelain clay which is wonderfully therapeutic to handle, as well as colourful glazes to decorate each piece. I fire them in my kiln and post them out to one chosen address.
Getting here and prices:
Hebden Bridge has excellent train links to Leeds and Manchester as well as being less than an hours drive from both. My home is situated a 20 minute walk from the station where you pass plenty of wonderfully independent bars, pubs and shops. If I am too far away for you I can replicate the day wherever you are.
The total cost for the hen do workshop is £65 per person for a booking of 8+. Or £55 per person for a booking of 10+. This also includes a gift for the bride-to-be of a pair of my porcelain earrings (which the organiser can choose from here..).
There will be an extra charge if I am travelling to you and the cost will depend on the distance. Protective sheeting for your chosen venue will be provided and left clean and sparkling!
Enquire here with your chosen date, estimated number of hens and I’ll get back to you within 24 hours. And see below for a few more pics of my workshop in action..
Thanks for reading and get in touch if you would like any further information on my hen do workshop here..